Friday, July 18, 2008

"You...you MANIAC! You HOSE LADY!!"

Have you ever gotten that feeling where you start something and you just have to finish it? And then, maybe you JUST HAVE to go on and find MORE of it to do? Well, that's what happened to me this afternoon. 

My neighbor hired me to water her garden every day while she was gone. This afternoon I went over and watered all of her beautiful plants. It was hard work, especially because I was tired from helping out at a nature center. When I got home I noticed how sickly our own plants were doing. "Hmmm..." I thought, and the next minute I was dragging the hose around my yard, soaking everything. I finished the front yard and moved to the back. I don't know what pulled me along, but I was on a roll. Finally I came inside. My thumb was sore from making the water come out stronger, and my feet were dirty. I wonder how I even have the energy to write this post.

Call me a maniac? Some crazy "hose lady?" I'm not. I'm just a kid who wanted to water her plants.

1 comment:

Alice Tao said...

Lol! Where are you volunteering over the summer?