Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Power of the Notebook


Being a writer, I LOVE notebooks. I have at least twenty of them all piled up in the top drawer of a file cabinet. The one I'm holding in the picture is a small METRO notebook that my friend and I got at Texas Art. I use it to draw and write in and I'm trying to get in the habit of carrying it around in my purse. 

In using it, I have discovered that notebooks give us power. They give us power, and freedom, and love, really.To me, the blank page does not intimidate. Rather, it invites me to swim through my own thoughts. Even if nothing good comes out on the page, I have that moment of my life recorded, forever there for me to go back to. 

I love writing in notebooks and I encourage you to write in one,too. It doesn't have to be every day, just once in a while when you feel energized, happy, or even irritated. Writing relieves stress and allows you to express yourself through words. If you write in a notebook,it will become a keepsake forever. :) 


No comments: